Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Norah-isms

Verbal development is definitely our thing right now. Here are some more classics from our 2 year + two month old.

On the way home from school one day:

- "I pee pee out butt." (Huh?) Her words were pretty clear, but I still wasn't positive this was what she said she said it multiple times that evening.
- "I on it city bus." I wasn't sure I heard her right until we saw a school bus and she said, "I on it school bus."
- "Oh man, mommy!"
- "Mommy untie shoe please."

She has picked up on some of my word combinations and intonation. When asking us a question she often says, "Yeah? Uh huh? Okay." For example, every night when we come home from work she says to me, "Mommy go pee pee/ Yeah? Uh huh? Okay." Then she runs to put the seat up for me.

I heard her say to Seth recently, "Light on, play playroom, car out." (She wanted the light on so she could play in the playroom and get her car out.)

Tonight while I was sitting with her in the chair before bed, she heard Seth close our bedroom door. She said, "Daddy get changed." I said, "Yes, daddy is getting changed." She said, "Mommy changed already."

Tonight on the way home she asked for her water, which was on the seat next to her. I told her I couldn't reach it while I was driving. She said, "I no reach it either."

No comments: