At 17 weeks I am definitely starting to show. I have been explaining to Norah that Mommy has a baby in her belly, but she obviously doesn't quite get it yet. She typically says, "I see, I see," pulls my shirt up and puts her face right down on my belly to look.
A few weeks ago she noticed a bag of baby toys I had ready to give to my sister. She said, "Norah toy" (while pointing to her check, which is what she does when talking about herself). I told her we were giving them to her new cousin. I reminded her that Aunt Li has a big belly and explained that it is because she has a baby in her belly. "Ohhhhh," she said. I told her when the baby is born TJ and Luka are going to be big brothers and that she is going to be a big cousin. "Ohhhh," she said. "Norah big cousin," (with a finger on her cheek).
Then she said, "Mommy no baby belly," to which I replied, "Actually, Mommy does have a baby in my belly. My belly will get bigger and bigger like Aunt Li's because the baby will get bigger and bigger. And when the baby is born Norah will be a big sister. "
"Ohhhhh. Norah big sister," (with a finger on her cheek and a giant smile on her face).
The next thing she asked was, "Daddy baby belly?"
I'm sure it doesn't all make sense, but that was the first conversation we had about either my baby or Aunt Li's in which she was really engaged. Something seemed to be clicking a little.
And ever since then when I ask her what is in Mommy's belly she says, "Baby in there," while pointing to my belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment