I have mentioned before that Norah is often picky about what she wears. Our ability to influence comes and goes a bit, and she went through a fairly strong independent streak around the time of Ned and Ann's visit.
It started with this selection the week prior:
She wore the tutu skirt for a few days in a row.
This was a classic while Ned and Ann were here (note the repeat of the Goshen College t-shirt):
You won't be able to see the details on this one (though you can click on the picture to make it bigger). She has on a navy blue t-shirt with pink sleeves that says "Smart Cookie" in multiple colors, which is covered by a black cardigan. The tutu skirt returned, this time with brown pants with white polka dots. She topped the ensemble off with her favorite purple shoes and an orange sweat band around her ankle.
It often works to give her choices, but not always. I try really hard not to care whether she matches, though admittedly it is sometimes difficult. Over the years I have always smiled when seeing a little girl in a tutu or princess outfit in public, finding it cute and thinking her parents probably chose not to fight that battle. Now I'm that parent and others are probably smiling at me, remembering that same stage with their kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment