Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mini Updates: Bed, Daddy, Words, and "Underwears"

Bed
There is plenty of time for a set back, so I won't say the transition is complete, but Norah's move to her "big girl" bed is going as smoothly as we could have hoped. Since choosing her crib Saturday night when we were out to dinner, she has had two great nights, and went down very well again tonight. She is also sleeping in more in the morning, so we seem to be out of the early waking phase--a huge relief!

Daddy
Norah seems to be heading out of her extreme Mommy phase. Several mornings last week and this week she has had a difficult time saying bye to Seth in the morning. She just keeps hugging him saying, "No, don't leave Daddy, don't leave yet." She has also insisted a few times that he get her dressed and be the one to push her in the stroller ("No Mommy, let Daddy do it."). Music to my ears! And generally, she is more okay with him doing baths, brushing teeth, etc., which for months has been a battle every time we tell her he is going to do it.

Words
It seems like we laugh hard at least once every day at things Norah says. I have also mentioned we continue to be impressed (we are her parents, after all) at the sentences she is putting together. Here are a few examples.

Tonight after we all three laid on her bed to read stories she asked, "Mommy, you have to work tonight?" (I worked last night, so Seth put her to bed.) When I told her no she said, "Daddy get off my pillow and leave. Door open for you."

This morning she and Seth were standing by the window and she said, "Daddy open this blind." After he did she pointed to the window at the other end of the kitchen and said, "Daddy open that blind."

One day in the car she said, "Daddy open my window in the neighborhood please." Then she sort of added, "Open our windows."

Yesterday when we were getting in the car she decided she wanted a jacket. She waited in the garage while I went back inside to get it. Just as I was reaching the door she yelled after me, "Go look in my room, Mommy!" (As if I hadn't been the one to put it away and didn't know exactly where her jacket was.)

"Underwears"
Not really much to update on the potty training front. Her teachers suggested I bring some underwear and they would just trying putting her in them (how brave!). We made a big deal out of going to the store so Norah could pick out her underwear. She wanted to wear them at home, but I told her she had to show mommy and daddy that she can go pee pee on the potty first, which didn't happen. Today when her teachers tried to put them on her she just cried, so they obviously didn't push it. Maybe another day.

On another note, here is the outfit Norah chose today - short sweat pants, her Goshen College t-shirt, and...of course...the headband.

No comments: