Friday, April 15, 2011

Mama's Back

I had two business trips, each around a week long, within three weeks of each other, and while they were both great I am happy to be home. The destinations allowed me to combine both trips with visits to family and dear friends, which worked out well...at least in my opinion. I know Seth was happy for me to have the opportunity, but of course it left him to be a single parent for a bit longer. My parents helped give him a break both trips by taking Norah for a few days, and luckily he has the flexibility to work from an office that is down here closer to Norah's school.

But I got home last Thursday, and I'm happy to be here, ready to get focused on getting a few more things done before baby #2.

Pregnancy Update (29 weeks)
Overall I feel great and all is going well. One of my biggest issues has been sleep. For some reason, and in reality maybe it isn't even pregnancy related, I have had quite a few restless nights. I also tend to wake up quite early in the morning and am unable to go back to sleep.

Unfortunately, this has impacted my workouts because I am choosing to sleep in a bit more when I can rather than working out. It would be okay here and there, but as often as it has happened I realized lately that I have had to choose between the two enough that overtime I have missed way more workouts than I would like.

Workouts have also been affected by work since the past two months I have been working at home several evenings a week, which often means getting to bed later. Hopefully that will change now that these trips (and associated conferences) are over.

Otherwise I really feel pretty good. The baby is super active - way more active than I remember Norah being. The movement doesn't wake me up at night, but sometimes it makes it difficult to fall back asleep. Around 9PM every evening seems to be a particularly active time, but I feel her off and on throughout the day.

I can hardly believe that I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. It will be here before we know it!

Meanwhile, Norah is doing really well. Some of the behavioral challenges we were having recently seem to be much better. Unfortunately she has completely reverted back to her crib, so we'll have to figure out how to make that transition at some point. She continues to show very little interest in the potty, but I hope to start pushing that a bit more as well.
____
Last weekend we had fun hanging out with friends Lisa, Dave, and Tyce in our backyard. Tyce is 9 months younger than Norah, but is getting old enough that they are really starting to interact more. They had a blast playing in the water, on the swings, and on the tricycles. Seth and I commented to each other once again about how functional our backyard is. It could use a little love in some areas, but is perfect for just hanging out.







No comments: