Thursday, June 30, 2011

Macy: 10 Day Update

Macy passed her 10-day check up with flying colors yesterday. I thought she was a good eater, but was curious to get her current weight. Turns out I was right - she has gained 13 ounces in 7 days, and currently weighs 7.13 lbs. I'm thrilled! She also supposedly grew 1/2 inch, which makes her 20.5 inches.

These stats put her in the 69th percentile for height and 41st for weight. Up until her last appointment (at two-years old) Norah has consistently been in the 5th - 10th percentile.

Mom wasn't feeling well yesterday morning, so I ventured out with the kids on my own (I wanted to get out of the house since our cleaning lady was coming). We went to Target, stopped to get a muffin and smoothie, and then to Macy's appointment. We were out together for over 3 hours and it went great. I was so pleased at Norah's behavior - she was just a gem. In an effort to provide positive reinforcement, I must have told her 87 times how proud I was of her. We talked about it multiple times throughout the rest of the day, including at bedtime.

I've decided that quick blog posts are the way to go these days, so hopefully they will come more frequently.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Go Macy! That's great news. I tell Sarah and Jessica how proud I am when they go to swimming lessons bc it is something they have been scared of. Now they both tell their baby dolls. "I'm so proud of you. So proud..."