We were driving around a parking lot looking for a place to park, when I heard this from the backseat, "Mommy, there's a spot."
Mom sent Norah into our bedroom one morning to tell me Macy was ready to eat. She crawled up on the bed and said (while pointing), "Mommy, Macy Girl is ready to eat, first on this side and then on this side."
When we were in the car one day Norah was "talking" to Mimi on the phone. I told her we had arrived at our destination and she said, "Okay, Mimi, we here so I talk you to later." (She tends to get "you" and "to" mixed up in this sentence.)
She asked me one day if I was going to "cough" Macy when she was done eating (meaning burp).
The final story doesn't have to do with words she uses, but a funny situation that happened recently. We're doing better overall with bedtime, though Norah continues to sleep on the floor by the door (glad I spent all those hours searching for bunk beds and bedding). Anyway, we are still being very hard core about not going back into her room once we say goodnight - it just opens up too much opportunity for more stalling. And she will always find something.
One night she yelled under the door that she didn't have her baby doll's blanket. I knew she would get fixated on it, but didn't want to go in her room. So I put a corner of the blanket under the door and she pulled it through. No words were exchanged.
As we continued to pick up around the house we discovered Norah's beloved blanket that she always sleeps with (she hadn't discovered yet that she didn't have it). So without saying anything I put a corner of the blanket under the door and it quickly disappeared into her room. Again, no words were exchanged.
Mom and Seth were cracking up from the other end of the hall.
1 comment:
the stuff under the door is hilarious!
Post a Comment