I have been waiting a long, long, LONG time to hear those words. And I heard them twice within a 24-hour period.
It came on the heels of Seth and Norah's week together, while Macy and I were in the midwest (see previous post). Maybe that had something to do with it.
Honestly, I don't really care. I. Am. Just. So. Happy.
Over the past few months Norah had been moving out of her Mommy phase, but we had yet to hear those magical words.
One night as we were finishing up dinner Seth was holding Macy and I was helping Norah in the bathroom. In her best whiny voice she said, "I want Daddy to hold me."
I didn't even care that she was whining.
Let me get this straight. "You want me to take Macy so that you can sit on Daddy's lap?"
"Yeah."
"Absolutely."
The next morning I heard Norah call for Daddy. I thought he might still be sleeping (I was up nursing Macy), so I went into her room. As soon as I walked in I heard the best thing I had heard in a really, really long time:
"Noooooo, I want Daddy!"
Yep. I'll get right on that. If he's not awake he will be soon. Even though she was asking for him to change her poopie diaper he may have been as happy as I was.
I think I had a permanent smile on my face all...day...long.
1 comment:
That is awesome. So happy for both of you. Ironically Sarah and Jessica have been more attached to me than ever lately, but after my week away they are noticeably more attached to him. Not a bad thing at all, IMO.
Post a Comment