I took Macy on her first flight to visit friends and family in Chicago and Goshen. My mom was on board to drive with us to Goshen, which was a huge help and a major factor in my decision to go. (Thanks, mom!)
We arrived during the wee hours of the morning on Monday after some delays with our Sunday night flight. Dad, Macy and I enjoyed a relaxing day together on Monday, including walking to lunch at a local favorite. (Besides people, the beautiful weather was a highlight of the trip.)
Monday night Greta and Katie came over to my parent's house for dinner and for some quick bonding with Macy.
The next morning mom, Macy and I set off for Goshen. Macy was a great traveler overall, both on the plane and in the car. We stopped at Ned and Ann's for lunch, and were joined by great grandma A. Here she is with Macy, meeting for the first time.
Next it was off to see great grandma and grandpa Garber. Here is the introduction.
G&G got some good cuddle time.
On Wednesday we had a big outing to Elkhart. We drove past all of our old houses, went to the Riverwalk, Wellfield Gardens, and out to lunch. Here are some pics from the gardens. (I do have more pictures of the actual gardens, but I think most people reading this are more interested in the people. Plus, I didn't have our good camera, so they aren't nearly as impressive as the gardens in person.)
Back in Goshen we spent Thursday morning with Kauffmans.
We surprised Ann with a visit to the library Thursday afternoon (Ned happened to be there, too). Then after several schedule changes we ended up leaving Goshen Friday morning. We stopped to see Bob and Mary Birkey for a few hours on our way back to Chicago.Back in Chicago we had a bit more time with Papa (and Mimi) before leaving on Saturday.
We were hoping to get out Saturday morning, but due to weather in Chicago we didn't end up leaving until the 9PM flight. It got us home pretty late that night (actually Sunday morning), but it wasn't a huge deal since it was just Macy and me.
All in all a great trip, and I am so glad we did it.
Meanwhile, Seth and Norah had a good week together. Seth took Wednesday off and, among other things they went to the butterfly exhibit. I got a text while they were there that said, "At the butterfly exhibit. Norah doesn't like butterflies." For twenty-five bucks (parking and tickets) they were in the exhibit for less than 30 minutes. Oh well.









No comments:
Post a Comment