Everything continues to go well with our little Macy Girl. As far as I can tell she is a champion eater. We haven't been to the pediatrician for a weight check recently, but according to our scale she is roughly 10 lbs. We sometimes refer to her as "Tub-o" around the house since she seems to be rounder every time we pick her up. Her jiggly cheeks are hard to resist. She has flashed a few smiles over the past week, which are priceless, but it might be a while until we are able to catch it on camera.
I started pumping a little over a week ago. It was later than I planned, but was just enjoying a normal nursing experience, and did not feel like getting that thing out. For now I am pumping once a day in the morning. I have pretty consistently been getting 6 ounces within about 5 minutes. When possible I add a second pumping session sometime throughout the day, and when her nighttime feedings become more consistent I'll try to pump once at night as well.
Macy was pretty consistently sleeping for a five-hour stretch every night for over a week. Then one night she went eight hours. Then the past two nights she went back to three or four hour stretches. There isn't much of a sleep routine during the day yet, but she is awake for longer periods. Now that our visitors are gone I am trying to consistently put her down for naps in her crib, which she seems to really like.
Unfortunately she loves the pacifier ("facifier" as Norah calls it). We have about five, but there is only one she seems to want. We have noticed lately that she doesn't seem to be happy laying by herself - she much prefers to be held. Maybe it is because had my mom and Seth's parents around for the first six weeks, and between all of us she didn't spend much time by herself. We'll have to work on that.
She seemed to like it. Probably the worst part was that I put her in pants and socks to protect her from the sun, so she was probably a little toasty. She was much more snug than I remember Norah being when we first put her in it.
We had to put a blanket under Norah to make the buckles a bit tighter, but no blanket needed with Macy.
The first half of my maternity leave has flown by. I started a fresh list of things I would like to get done during the second half, but will also focus on simply enjoying time with Macy while I can.




2 comments:
At 2 months, Mikayla was 9lbs 6 oz. Yowzers! At this rate, Big M and Little M won't be able to share clothes. Wait! Which one is Big M and which one is Little M?
She is beautiful, Ang! I am so happy for you all!
Post a Comment