I think I am as ready as I can be for my first day back to work tomorrow. Leading up to it I have not felt anxious like I did for Norah's first day - I pretty much know the drill. But the closer it gets, the more sad I am at the thought of leaving Macy at school. It sounds a bit funny since I have been taking Norah all this time, but I guess there is something about leaving a 3-month old.
Macy has pretty much been attached to me since the day she was born. She is most familiar and comfortable with me, yet I will be the one leaving her. I'm pretty sure I will shed a few tears.
My pump is packed. I have a bag to bring the pumped milk home in. Macy's papers are filled out and ready to go. Her bag is packed - a crib sheet, diapers, diaper cream, extra clothes and her pacifier. Four full bottles are ready to stick in at the last minute. My computer is back in my work bag. Everything is sitting by the door, ready for the morning rush.
Ready or not, here we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment