Monday, September 12, 2011
We Survived
What an adjustment. I went from generally laid back days of painting, socializing, organizing, nursing and cuddling to full on work mode overnight. Within two minutes of logging in this morning one of my clients called with an urgent project. And I'm not talking a simple, robotic type of a request. He needed help preparing a ten-slide presentation for one of our high level executives to give to the CEO of a major operating company. And I thought I would primarily be sifting through emails for a few days. No such luck. In addition to this presentation (which is due tomorrow), I was briefed on everything else in the works and we have a lot to do. Quickly.
Welcome back!
The morning went relatively smoothly until we were 15 minutes into our drive to school and I realized I forgot to throw in Macy's bottles from the fridge. After almost an hour on the road we arrived. And Macy fussed most of the way, which is unusual. The thought of leaving her got harder and harder as the time neared and, as predicted, I cried when it was time to go. Her teachers were very sweet and sympathetic. I made it relatively quick and got out of there.
They say she had a good day, though she barely slept at all. I am sure she will need some time to adjust to her new sleep environment - bright lights and lots of action. Despite the lack of sleep they said she wasn't fussy. She crashed on the way home and went to bed at 8pm.
The most positive news of the day is that she drank 12 ounces and I pumped 19! It only took three times, about 5 to 7 minutes each. Not complaints here.
Both kids were in bed by 8 and I have all of the bags unpacked and bottles made for tomorrow. Seth is working down here tomorrow so they will drop me off and he will take the kids to school.
I am totally exhausted, but I am sure it will get easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment