One of my favorite times of day is when I go into Norah's room in the morning, pull her out of bed, and cuddle with her in the chair. The house is quiet, the lights are off, and I cherish those few moments before we begin the hustle and bustle of the day.
Some of the most expected and "ordinary" moments are some of the most comforting and wonderful.
Listening to Norah sing to Macy in the car.
Sitting around the table for a meal as a family.
Walking into a room and seeing Macy's face light up with a huge smile.
Hearing Macy's sweet voice cooing over the monitor as she wakes up from a nap.
Listening to Norah "read" to Macy as I work in the kitchen.
Sitting on the couch with Seth and the girls.
Walking into Norah's classroom at school to find her racing across the room to give me a big hug.
Cuddling with Norah in her bed at bedtime.
Nursing Macy as she drifts off to sleep.
But sometimes I have to remind myself to enjoy these moments. The constant juggling act of working and keeping the household moving is tiring. Work has been a whole new kind of intense over the past few months, requiring an even greater transition from employee at 5:00 to mom by 5:15.
I'm struggling with that common working mom challenge of trying to be all things to all people, yet not really feeling like I'm being as much to anyone as I would like.
For now I will continue to remind myself to enjoy the common, seemingly mundane, everyday moments. The smiles. The coos. The cuddles. Because in the midst of the craziness, it's those moments that give me comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment