Norah has really been into pretend play over the past several months, and most often it involves her "friends" (baby dolls and stuffed animals). She enjoys making "trains," as shown in most of the pictures below (some resemble an actual train more than others). She likes for Macy to be part of the train, and is quickly learning that Macy will not necessarily stay where she wants her to, and that she will grab any blanket or friend that is within reach.
Sometimes Seth and I are part of the trains too, usually in the front so we can drive. Lately most of our trips have been to the museum. We typically find a pay station first (often a night stand in our room), where Norah hands over fake money from her purse to get a ticket. She thanks the attendant and we're off.
During the process Seth and I are given very specific instructions including whether or not to wear shoes, in which order to walk, what to carry, and how to sit: "No Daddy, put your leg down."
Right now, as I type, Norah is playing with her "friends" on the newly re-finished play set (thanks to Daddy we don't have to worry about Norah or any of our guests getting splinters anymore). In the picture below she is the teacher and they are the sleeping kids. Since I took this she has put blankets over all of them as well. So far she has been playing by herself out there for 45 minutes. I was reluctant to let her take all of her friends outside at first, but clearly my decision to give in has paid off!

No comments:
Post a Comment