Saturday, April 14, 2012

Girl-Only Party

Scott and Luka dropped my sister and Mikayla off tonight for a few hours while they went to a music festival. Norah was predictably sad when she watched Luka drive off, so my sister and I were spinning our wheels for a few minutes to try prevent the mood from going south.

What better way then to declare a GIRL PARTY?! Norah seemed to like the idea, so we kept it going.

"But what are we going to do when Daddy comes home?" (Seth was at the store at the time.)

"We might have to tell him he has to leave."

So when Seth came home Norah informed him that it was a girl party and that he had to leave. About an hour later he headed over to Philip's. We had a great evening (girl party) marveling at Mikayla and Macy's development, eating homemade pizza and just hanging out.

And of course we HAD to take pictures for the girl party.

Yeah, it didn't work out all that well. Here's the best we could do:

"Macy - why are you crying?"


I'd like to think this isn't extremely representative of how much fun we actually had at the girl party.


Mikayla showed us how she can stand all by herself...


We remembered tonight that the age difference between Norah and Mikalya is the same as the age difference between Luka and Norah.



And tonight they interacted more than usual by emptying both of our tupperware drawers onto the kitchen floor. A glimpse of what is to come with these two, perhaps?



After they left, when I put her to bed, Norah was still talking about how we had to "kick Daddy out" because it was a girl party. "And we had to kick him out...just like we kick a soccer ball!"

I guess the distraction tactic worked. I see more girl parties in our future...

No comments: