I haven't been blogging much lately, which means I am super behind. This is the first of many that will help me get caught up. It takes us all the way back to mid October when we had back-to-back visits from both sets of grandparents.
Mimi and Papa were first. Mimi made it in for Norah's birthday party, and Papa came a bit later. As usual, Mimi had a little shadow following her around the house. She can barely get a few minutes alone in the bathroom!
Macy was a little apprehensive of Papa when she woke up in the morning and found him there. But it didn't take long for her to warm up.
Many hours were spent outside, playing games, reading books, doing puzzles, and playing pretend.
Norah thought it was so great that Mimi suggested they eat their lunch up in the play set. It doesn't look very comfortable, but it was special for Norah.
Since Papa knew he wouldn't make it in time for Norah's birthday party he asked her ahead of time to save some cupcakes so they could have another celebration together. TJ stayed overnight after Norah's party, so the next day (pretty early in the morning, if I remember correctly), we got out the candles and sang Happy Birthday once again.
Mom and dad left on Tuesday and Ned and Ann arrived late Wednesday night. Norah knew they would be there when she woke up, and it took no time at all for her to get them outside. Besides a trip to the zoo one day we stayed pretty close to home. I was fighting a sinus infection after having a cold for over a week, so I bummed around a lot.
Grandma and grandpa and the kids went on many walks, spent time at the park, collected buckets of acorns, read stories and played games.
I wish had been feeling better, but it was still great to have everyone here for a visit. The kids thoroughly enjoyed spending time with all of their grandparents and the house felt a bit empty with just the four of us after Ned and Ann left.



No comments:
Post a Comment