Monday, November 19, 2012

Remembering Halloween

Norah really wanted to be Hello Kitty for Halloween. Sigh. When I told her I didn't know how to make a Hello Kitty costume she asked about Dora the Explorer. Double sigh. 

I was thinking more along the lines of two little butterflies. I had already constructed the costumes in my head. 

Luckily Norah loves to match Macy, whether it means they are both wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt to school or pink and brown monkey pjs to bed. So using that, I was able to get her excited about the two of them being butterflies...as long as her wings were purple. I didn't get a good full-length picture, but their costumes were topped off with black tutus and leggings .



The night before Halloween we went out with friends Connor and Andrew to the neighborhood just north of ours that always does trick or treating the night before. We walked Macy up to the first house, and about two houses later she walked up completely on her own with the big kids. Didn't take her long to catch on! We hooked up with other neighbors along the way, and after about an hour Seth went back with a sleepy Macy. Norah and I stayed out a bit longer before heading home. 


We weren't planning to go out again on Halloween night but Norah's friend Chloe apparently wanted to trick or treat with Norah. When her mom contacted me about it I figured it wouldn't hurt to go out for just a bit around our house together. We met another school and soccer friend, Sarah, when we first started out. Chloe's sister, Olivia, rode in the wagon with Macy, but again it didn't last for long because they wanted to trick or treat with the big kids. Macy made it to the end of the block before coming home with Seth for bed, and Norah and I continued on with the others. 


Amazingly Norah has completely forgotten about her huge bag of candy. Seth and I have slowly eaten most of the chocolate...

No comments: