After being at Weatherford for 9 1/2 years, I recently accepted a new position with a different company. A lot has changed with the Marketing department over the past two years, and all of my mentors have left. I question some of the decisions that have been made and am not sure where things will end up. Ultimately, I decided that it was time for me to leave.
My last day at Weatherford will be this Thursday, May 2nd. I will then take a week off before starting as the Marketing Director at the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC). IADC is an association that has been around since 1940, and strives to advance the drilling industry using safer and more efficient drilling practices with certification programs, accreditation courses, conferences, industry committees, and one of the industry's leading publications.
The culture will be significantly different - while IADC's reach in the industry is quite broad, they only have about 50 employees (compared to 70,000+ at Weatherford!). Our family will have a bit of an adjustment since I will be going back full-time, but I have heard from many different people (both inside and outside of the organization) that IADC is a very family friendly place to work and a "great place to raise kids." We have talked about some ideas that will help make up for me not having Fridays off anymore. It will be a huge adjustment, but I am optimistic that it will be a positive change overall.
No comments:
Post a Comment