Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday, Norah!

We had a great rainbow birthday party for Norah this year. It was the first time that we only invited girlfriends. While we missed having some of our close family and friends as part of the celebration it was nice to be able to focus on her a bit more. A lot more, actually. All but one family dropped their kids off (at my suggestion) so it was literally just the girls.

There were 8 in total, including Macy and Mikayla. While a few years younger these two were more than willing to be a part of the celebration. 

After a bit of playing on the play set everyone was thirsty: 


Then more playing on the play set, definitely not without plenty of, "But I wanted the swing," "It's my turn," "She won't get off," but overall it was still fine. 






Then it was inside to color rainbow pictures and get tattoos. 


And now for cupcakes!

Then back outside for more fun and a group picture!


Norah with two of her besties, Caroline (a current classmate) and Chloe (bestie from school since she was about 6 months old). 




Admittedly, I had a ton of fun with the rainbow theme. Mom and dad would attest to the fact that I LOVED rainbows growing up. When given the chance, that's what I drew. Apparently that has filtered down to Norah since whenever we color together I tend to draw rainbows. When I suggested the theme for her party she was quickly on board! Though I was really the only one who appreciated it, I had fun with the theme.







I think  I will write my usual note to Norah later, though another day would be better since we have had a relatively rough 24 hours. Nonetheless, I love my Norah and we had a great birthday celebration that was worth capturing.

No comments: