Saturday, May 31, 2014

Good-bye Pre-K, Hello Kinder

I'm having a hard time believing that school is over and summer has officially begun. The year went by so quickly and it seems like just yesterday that we were sending our little 4 year old off to the big school for pre-k. 


Norah on her first day of pre-k (August 2013)

We all had a lot of adjustments. Our morning schedule needed modifying since the girls were at different schools. We had to start packing a lunch and snack every day (which, truthfully, continued to feel like a chore throughout the whole year). We had to learn the system at new school, and for the first time a public school. The homework, school events, after school care, uniform, PTA, dance class, Tuesday folders, holiday schedule, field trips, teacher communication, fundraising--everything was new. 

Norah seemed to make the adjustment with ease. She had an amazing teacher, Mrs. Lillich, and we were pleased with her progress throughout the year. She never complained about going to school and, in fact, received an award for perfect attendance. 


Norah on her last day of pre-k (May 2013)

Seth and I survived as well. Our biggest struggle was figuring out how to feel connected to the school without being on campus during school hours. But with a year under our belt I feel much more prepared to handle that next year (PTA board, here I come). 

Overall we had a great year and are looking forward to what Kindergarden has to offer. 

Now…let the summer begin!

No comments: