Friday, April 18, 2014

Macy Talk

Macy is very communicative, and just generally at a really cute verbal stage:

When we got in my car to go to swim lessons Macy announced, "Mommy, you have a HEB car like Mimi's." She meant an SUV. (HEB is a grocery store.)

When getting ready for swim lessons Macy told Mimi, "I have a swim suit with strawberries and a swim suit with a fish, and those are my options." Guess she's been told about her options a few times. 

I asked Macy if she had to go potty. She said she didn't, so I told her she needed to go in two minutes. After a few minutes I said, "Okay, time to go potty," and she said, "No, Mommy, it's in two more minutes. I messed you up." 

Macy doesn't seem to know that the words "he" and "she" exist - it's always "him" and "her." "Her isn't eating because her isn't hungry." 

She also says, "do's" instead of "does." "My baby "do's" this with her hands." 

One morning this week she ran out to Seth in the kitchen and said, "Daddy - I have this really cute dress!"

For whatever reason the last part of the bedtime routine is for us to say "gaga" to each other (whether it is me or Seth putting her to bed). We have no idea where it came from, but we agree that if she willingly says it back it is a sign that she is truly ready to go to sleep and we won't hear another peep. 

She frequently tells me things like, "Mommy, I like your head and your ears." Or, "Mommy, I like your hands and your belly and your skin." 

I didn't teach her to say it, but I highly recommend it to other moms. It's good for the soul. 


No comments: