Saturday, March 14, 2015

Quite Possibly the Slowest Eater in the World

It only took a handful of birthday parties for us to notice a trend: 





Literally...the party people clean up as much as they possibly can around her. Most of the other kids are already on their way home. The parents of the party kids have already started packing up. 

And there sits Macy, slowly enjoying every bit of her cupcake. 

It starts with the food - she typically isn't done with her plate before they start serving cupcakes - and just continues from there. We have even learned to try to move her along to prevent this from happening, but for some reason this is always how it ends. 

I can't help but be reminded of when I was nursing her and she never quite seemed ready to stop. I finally ended up cutting her off, even though it is not recommended since it can affect production. (I think she turned out okay.) 

We anticipate a struggle next year in pre-k when she has 25 minutes to eat at a table full of distractions and no one to remind her to continue eating. But we figure it won't take her long to learn her lesson...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like Macy and Greta could keep eachother company at the table! They're just taking their time to make room for more according to Greta - Queen of the Clean Plate Club.