Friday, June 25, 2010

Things I Love About our New House: Part II

Many of you have been asking to see pictures of the house, so here is a continuation of my earlier post with pictures of things I love about our new place:

The play room/office/den. Once we get this set up I think it is going to be an awesome space for our family. We still need to buy a desk, and eventually a couch. The room has plenty of space for both, and once we get them I can see us spending a lot of time in this room.




A big surprise for us was the recycling program. At our old place we had a small bin in which we could only put select plastics, non-food corrugated cardboard, and aluminum. We took our paper and glass to other sites. At our new place, however, we have the ginormous green bin you see in this picture--as big as our trash can. And the best part is that we can put EVERYTHING in the bin, and it goes every other week on trash day.



This is the master bath (sorry for the poor pictures - it's tough to capture). I had some reservations about it at first, thinking it might actually be smaller than our last one, but the shape makes it much easier for the two of us to be in it together. We definitely lost counter space (and I dream of dual sinks), but it does the job and hasn't proven to be a problem. It was all recently re-done.




Our closet is definitely bigger then our last one. It has been more difficult in some ways to get set up (and we're not there yet), but I think it is just a matter of figuring out how to best use the space. It is proven to fit all three of us at once.


And this is the second bath. Again, difficult to capture, but I really like the updates they did in this one. The shower curtain rod is obnoxiously high, so we haven't found a curtain yet. I think we'll probably end up moving the rod down.


And beyond the house itself we love the neighborhood. It is so nice to see this when you look one way down the street...


...and this when you look the other way down the street...


...and this when you turn around. :)



As a frame of reference, the view out of the living room window at our old place was a red and white striped picket fence containing a LOT of "yard art."

No comments: