Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Macy: Two Months

We had Macy's two-month pediatrician appointment yesterday. It was fairly uneventful, which is what I expected. The big news is that she weighs 12 pounds, 7 ounces! This puts her in the 85th percentile for weight.

At two months Norah weighed only 9 pounds, 15 ounces. And at four months she weighed almost exactly what Macy weighs now, and was in the 25th percentile. What a difference! Macy is actually in the right size of clothing for her age, if not just a little ahead. Norah, on the other hand, is in some 12 months shorts (2T are definitely too big) and all 2T shirts and dresses. The other day she put a pair of Macy's PJs on her upper body. The sleeves came up to her elbows, but we were able to do the snaps and it fit like a glove.

Fortunately, Macy is 23 inches long, which puts her in the 70th percentile, so she's not completely out of proportion.

Other Macy news is that she has slept through the night two nights in a row--10 hours two nights ago and 9 hours last night. I guess I will set my alarm for around 12:30 tonight to get up and pump in case this becomes the pattern. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but Macy has generally shown signs of being a pretty good sleeper. Norah definitely wasn't going for as long of stretches as Macy at two months.

Stay tuned for more on our trip to Chicago/Goshen and updates on Norah...


No comments: