Saturday, August 13, 2011

Temporarily Closed

We had the pleasure of dog sitting for Chilli (my sister's dog) for about a week. Norah is a bit timid and scared around dogs because she hasn't been exposed to them very much.

The first night he was here when I was putting her to bed she asked to have her door closed.

What?

Are you kidding me?

After everything we have been through with sleep challenges, and the discovery of an open-door policy that completely made all of them disappear, she wants her door closed now? And only because the world's sweetest dog is in the house?

Brother.

I suggested we close it but not latch it. She was satisfied, and that's what we did all week. We didn't have any issues. I just thought it was quite humorous.

Today, right after Lisa and the kids left with Chilli, I put Norah down for a nap and she was very clear about wanting her door left open again.

Gladly, my child, gladly.

No comments: