Dear Norah,
You turned 3 years old yesterday.
We had a great celebration with friends and family. It started Friday night when Luka came to stay overnight. Mimi and Papa were here, too. You woke up to the excitement of them being here, and also a house decorated with streamers and balloons. You had fun with Luka all morning while the rest of us prepared for the party.
You and your friends enjoyed a jump house, the play set, and tricycles outside, and your toys in the playroom inside. You decorated cupcakes - one to eat at the party, and one for later. Sprinkles were everywhere!
Yesterday afternoon you went with Mimi and Papa to stay overnight with TJ at the lake. The fun continues. We hope you are enjoying your birthday weekend.
Norah sweetheart, you bring so much joy to our lives! You most definitely have your moments, but generally you are a very sweet and funny child. I love our conversations in the car on the way to and from school. You have excellent verbal skills and have no problem communicating your thoughts and needs. You are really into your letters and numbers right now, often pointing them out on signs along the road.
You are going through another independent stage and we are working with you to say, "Mommy, I would like to do that" or "Daddy, may I do that please?" instead of "No, I do it, I do it, I do it!"
You like...no, really need...to have things in order. Everything must be put away in its place. You eat with a washcloth, cleaning your hands and every drop of liquid or food throughout the meal. There is a routine for nearly every aspect of the day, and you like to follow it exactly.
You are catching up in size a bit, and are now 36.5 inches tall (30th percentile) and weigh 28 lbs (22nd percentile). Before now you had been between the 5th and 10th percentiles for both measurements.
Your Daddy and I have commented recently that you are all of a sudden more of a kid than a toddler. Just six months has made a huge difference. It seems like only yesterday you were learning how to walk and now you are doing so many things all by yourself. It is an absolute joy to see you make these changes.
I love you very much, Peanut!
Happy 3rd Birthday!
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment