Thursday, October 13, 2011

Is Today My Birthday?

Norah is super excited for her birthday this year. We have gone to parties for several of her classmates and friends this fall and they always lead to questions (and declarations) about her own party.

Every morning the first thing she asks is, "Mommy, is today my birthday?"

She has also already requested to have her fingernails and toenails painted purple for her party.

I made chex mix last weekend. On Monday I had some ready to go for her snack at school and said to her, "Norah, I think you're going to be very excited for your snaaacccckkk." She ran over, looked in the bowl, got a big smile on her face and said, "I think I'm going to be very "ets-tited" for my biirrrrrthdaaaayyy" (in the exact same intonation I had used). Forget about the snack. I guess it's just all about the birthday.

I admit, Norah's excitement has really made me get more into her birthday this year. I am trying to come up with little ideas here and there that will make it a really special day for her.

Next up, tales from the birthday celebration...
 

No comments: