Aunt Rose made the long drive down with mom, and they were here with us overnight on Saturday. I explained to Norah who was coming, but leading up to their arrival she quite clearly thought Mimi's sister was a little baby just like her little sister i s. My first clue was when she asked whether Aunt Rosie was going to sleep in the pack 'n play.
Uh...I don't think so. That wouldn't be very comfortable for either Aunt Rosie or the pack 'n play.
I tried multiple angles, but don't think I ever really got her to understand that Mimi's sister is "big" just like Mimi and Mommy. When they arrived Norah asked, "Mimi, where is your sister?" Rose was standing right beside her.
Norah was so excited to see Mimi, and it didn't take long for her to warm up to Aunt Rosie, though she did have a hard time remembering her name. She kept calling her Andrea (I guess I can see the confusion - Rose and cousin Andrea do resemble each other a little).
We are finally experiencing some fantastic weather, so we ate our meals outside, went on a walk around the neighborhood and spent some time at the park.
Thanks for visiting Aunt Rose!



No comments:
Post a Comment