I would say this weekend represented a fairly typical one for us. I have found that an ideal weekend for me is a good mix of fun and productivity. I mean...I would prefer all fun, but I just know that typically results in a hectic week to follow.
Friday I had a leisurely morning with the girls before I took them in to school mid to late morning. Mom came down for several hours and we caught lunch and made a Costco run. I had laundry going throughout the day and took care of a few things around the house in the afternoon before picking the girls up early from school. We took advantage of the nice weather and took a walk around the block and spent some time outside on the swings.
Once the girls had dinner, were clean and in bed, Seth and I ate carryout from one of our local favorites.
Saturday morning Seth took Norah to her soccer game and I took Macy to her first friend birthday party at our neighborhood park. Norah and Seth joined us after the game and we headed home in time for lunch. Both girls napped while Seth and I did stuff around the house.
Once they were up we headed to The Woodlands to meet friends Lisa, Dave, Tyce, Gage and Nash for live music and a picnic. The kids had a blast running around together and the girls fell into bed around 8:00 when we got home.
This morning we had a leisurely morning together. Seth and I took turns running while the other spent time with the girls. Seth had them outside playing soccer, swinging and playing in the sandbox. I took them to the store to pick up a few groceries. We enjoyed eating a lunch of homemade pizza outside, and then the girls were off to bed for naps. Again, Seth and I did more catching up around the house and ran errands.
Soon after 4:00, with the stroller packed, we headed out to another local favorite. This one is about a mile away, and has primarily outdoor seating, so it is a perfect spot when the weather is nice. We have been making it a priority this spring, knowing that it will soon be too hot.
Once we were back we got the girls bathed and in bed, and spent the rest of the evening doing more "stuff" around the house getting ready for another week. Off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment