I told Seth the other day that I think Macy has a total of about 15 annunciations for her entire vocabulary. For example:
"Macy, say fork."
"Chech."
"Macy, say shirt."
"Chech."
"Macy, say turn."
"Chech."
"Macy, say chair."
"Chech."
Each time she says the word with a huge smile on her face - proud as a peacock.
Even though she pronounces "N" for some words, "Norah" continues to be "Ra-Ra," and "night night" continues to be "my-my." Until this past weekend "No" has been "Mow." Now sometimes we hear "Noh-noh-noh-noh-noh" (joking with a big smile).
For a while now she has pronounced "Yes" very clearly, ironically, almost over-annunciating: "Yeysh," with a big nod of the head.
We have a little routine that has turned into a game. I say, "Macy, do you know Mama loves you?"
"Yeysh."
"Do you know that Daddy loves you?"
"Yeysh."
"Do you know that Ra-Ra loves you?"
"Yeysh."
(And on and on through other family members.)
Now she leads me through the names before I have a chance to say them.
As often as we over-annunciate her own name to her, she continues to pronounce it "Nya-Nya." Again, proud as a peacock.
She has started putting two words together more frequently. One night at the table Norah was playing with her food, so I gave her a stern look, said her name, and shook my head no. As if to reiterate, Macy said, "Ra-Ra, no."
The other day she ate the last bit of food on her plate, held it up and said, "Mo peese." Well at least she is polite!
One word that she has annunciated very clearly for a long time--one that we hear quite a lot--is "mine." It doesn't seem to matter that no one is within 10 feet of her, sometimes I guess she just needs to make sure we are clear.

No comments:
Post a Comment