Apparently there has been a lot of discussion at school recently between Norah and her friends about sleep overs. The one for our house has been impeccably planned.
Mommy, we have to make some arrangements.
Oh arrangements, really?
Yes. I think Olivia and Macy will eat first.
(Evidently Chloe's little sister is invited, too.)
Okay.
Then we will take her seat off and my seat off and the rest of us will eat.
Okay, who is coming?
Well...Chloe and Olivia, Sarah, Soshi, and Nikki.
I see.
And we talked about whether the rest of the parents should come, but we decided no...that they shouldn't come.
Huh. Okay.
And I told them they didn't need to bring their own pajamas...they can just wear some of mine. So Chloe and I will wear the Dora nightgowns...(new hand-me-down favorite from a friend)...Sarah is going to wear the monkey PJs, and Nikki will wear the cupcake pair. Soshi wants to bring her own.
I see.
And I think Olivia can sleep in Macy's bed and the rest of us can sleep in my room. Chloe and I will sleep in the bunk beds and everyone else on the floor. Oh, and Macy will sleep in her pack 'n play in your closet.
Oh, well that would be nice of Macy to give up her bed for her friend, Olivia.
Mommy, can we do it tonight?
(Rut-roh, she really is serious.) I explained that the parents would need to discuss the possibility of a sleep over before we actually plan a date. She has asked about it since then, but I think they have moved on to another topic this week.
I totally love the idea, though, and look forward to sleep overs sometime in the (near?) future...
No comments:
Post a Comment